Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rockers in Pearls




I recently discovered Sinha-Stanic this year, but the successful design duo of Fiona Sinha and Aleksandar Stanic created their label back in 2004. I really loved their Fall 2009 collection(shown above). They scaled back and only showed 20 pieces, and this seemed to work in their favor as all 20 pieces were very strong. They presented a distinct style throughout the collection and I adored how they tied all the looks together with the same brown 'Doc Marten' style boots. I also liked their use of feathers and pearls to add a softer side to their rocker chic style. My favorite piece is definitely the black long sleeve dress adorned with pearls that spell out 'Rocker' on the midriff- I want it! I want it! I want it! -Sorry for my childish tantrum, I'm done now. I seriously love how Sinha-Stanic's clothes seem so easy to wear, just effortless, and could easily be taken from day to night- simply throw on a leather jacket and Doc Martens for day and for night take off the jacket, trade in the boots for heels, add some jewelry and you are good to go!
So my new found love for this duo made me take a look through their past seasons and I loved them all- their clothes are so wearable and chic, yet always have a little edge to them, whether its through the use of strategically placed zippers or the addition of a cropped motorcycle jacket. I was especially drawn to their Spring 2007 collection(shown below), and thought it actually was still really appropriate for this season- checkout the cut outs, one shoulder dresses, high platform heels, and body con dresses. Oh and I just love Sinha's long trench-like motorcycle jacket in the last pic!



(Pictures via Style.com)

1 comment:

  1. I love Sinha Stanic!!! how amazing are the pearl dresses!!!

    ReplyDelete