Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Always Go For The Bad Boys

The above editorial is from the Spring/Summer 2009 issue of Plastique magazine. It was a music shoot featuring male musicians including Sam Slaughter(The Raveonettes) and George Barnett(These New Puritans). It also included 2 models/musicians that seem to keep popping up everywhere these days- Josh Beech from Snich(Top) and Ash Stymest from The Mannequins(Bottom). Just this week I have seen these 2 everywhere: on the runway, in ads, in blogs and in editorials, so I became intrigued and wanted to see more(the title explains why!). I have discovered that these 2 friends seem to be rising stars in the modeling world being featured in Dazed & Confused and Vogue Hommes, as well as walking for designers like Balenciaga, Givenchy, Thierry Mugler, and Kenzo. They have become known as 'bad boys' due to their tattoos and piercings. My search also led me to find this great editorial from Ponytail Magazine's 2nd issue which features both boys among other models:I think Josh and Ash have a great look and style, they both seem young and fresh yet still have an edge about them, and of course they aren't too bad to look at either! I'm off to check out their music so I'll leave you with their head shots and Vogue Hommes covers shot by Hedi Slimane:

3 comments:

  1. i always go for the bad boys too!!!!
    josh + ash = <3
    xxxx
    blackbleach

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had one of these guys on my phone and had no clue who the hell he was - thanks for the insight lovely!

    ReplyDelete