Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Platform is Set High



Chanel, Louis Vuitton, John Galliano, Dior, Nina Ricci, and Alexander McQueen
(Pictures via Stlye.com)


Shoes are probably one of my most favorite things in the world. They are just so beautiful, so beautiful in fact that I threw away my couch to make room for a huge shoe closet, which still doesn't hold all of my shoes.

For Fall 2009 platform shoes were abundant and kept getting higher and higher-here are some of my favorites: Chanel's simple black peep toe sandals were given a twist with a unique heel-Lagerfeld has been doing this a lot lately, remember the light bulb heel and the gun heel. John Galliano's wooden platforms for his signature line seemed to be supported even higher with a 2nd platform under the toe connected with a metal rod, and I like the shapes created by the straps- one of my friends described the look as very "bondage folk".

Ricci's and McQueen's beat out the rest though for the highest platforms this season. Olivier Theyskens' last collection for Nina Ricci was magnificent all the way down to the boots. Theyskens used these buzzwords for his collection- nocturnal, moonlit, and magical, and the boots were certainly magical as it seemed almost an impossibilty to walk in them. They reached up about 11 inches high and most incredibly they had no heel! I just love how the lack of a heel created this beautiful sickle shape at the back of the shoe. They definitely win my vote for most amazing shoe of Fall 2009, but probably also the most unwearable.


1 comment:

  1. Those are amazing. I don't understand how those poor models make it without breaking something.

    ReplyDelete